[Discuss] GPG encryption and gmail

Rich Pieri richard.pieri at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 19:58:45 EDT 2016

On 8/31/2016 4:05 PM, Jerry Feldman wrote:
> I'm weaning away from Thunderbird for a few reasons, but I don't like the
> way Thunderbird handles folders with respect to gmail's labels.

That's because Gmail's labels aren't folders and don't quite act like
folders. You'll have similar quirky behavior with any IMAP client, not
just Thunderbird.

> Also, I have not looked into encrypting emails in Android yet.

K-9 Mail with OpenKeychain.

Don't use APG. It's effectively unmaintained with known security
vulnerabilities which have gone unfixed for several years.

Actually, I suggest not using Android at all in this capacity. Android
is not a secure, reliable platform.

--
Rich P.