[Discuss] Converting "rich" (MIME) email to plain text

Rich Pieri richard.pieri at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 12:53:31 EST 2016

On 2/17/2016 12:07 PM, Mike Small wrote:
> Maybe Thunderbird has something like this, perhaps via a plugin, but my
> (limited) Thunderbird experience has been uninspiring.

Thunderbird has three options for body display: original HTML which uses
the full Gecko rendering engine (less any scripting), simplified HTML
and Plain Text. I have mine set to Plain Text and use an addon called
Allow HTML Temp for the occasions where I need to see the full HTML
versions.

For command line use... not sure. mpack and munpack are supposed to be
for encoded binaries but they might work for extracting other parts.
Some google searching turns up a tool called reformime which reformats
MIME messages. Might be something useful there.

--
Rich P.