[Discuss] systemd explanations

Rich Pieri richard.pieri at gmail.com
Fri Feb 19 10:59:22 EST 2016

On 2/19/2016 12:46 AM, Steve Litt wrote:
> Go on any Linux **USER GROUP** mailing list, and *BSD is seen as a close
> cousin.

This is likely true.

> Yeah, RMS and Linus can be dicks, but I don't think the entire
> GNU/Linux community should be judged on their actions.

You are technically correct: we should not be judged by their actions.

We should be judged by our actions. Or inaction. By allowing or
encouraging RMS and Linus to continue being dicks in their roles as
leaders and speakers for the GNU and Linux communities, we grant them
tacit approval for their behavior.

--
Rich P.