[Discuss] ConsoleKit / OpenSUSE 42.1

Robert Krawitz rlk at alum.mit.edu
Tue Jan 5 21:56:50 EST 2016

On Mon, 4 Jan 2016 20:33:29 -0500, Robert Krawitz wrote:
> I've upgraded to openSUSE 42.1 and am having a problem with what
> appears to be ConsoleKit.  Specifically, it is showing my session as
> not active and not is-local (the XXXX is my user ID):

So a few updates, it looks like my problem's resolved.

1) Switching from sddm to lxdm appears to resolve this.

2) The problem with not automounting may be confined to a particular
partition on an internal drive that KDE has somehow decided should be
automounted, and I can't remove it from the list.  I'll probably have
to find where it is by hand and clear it out.

> Session6:
>         unix-user = 'XXXX'
>         realname = 'Robert Krawitz'
>         seat = 'Seat6'
>         session-type = ''
>         active = FALSE
>         x11-display = ':0'
>         x11-display-device = '/dev/tty7'
>         display-device = ''
>         remote-host-name = ''
>         is-local = FALSE
>         on-since = '2016-01-05T00:05:57.375588Z'
>         login-session-id = '43'
>
> This results in a number of problems; media don't automount for me (I
> have to provide a password), and ctrl-alt-delete to X results in an
> immediate reboot, not a logout prompt.

--Eric Crampton