[Discuss] 4K (or 5K) resolution for Linux desktop

Rich Pieri richard.pieri at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 23:29:05 EST 2016

On 1/5/2016 9:51 PM, Robert Krawitz wrote:
> I don't agree.  Even if you can't easily resolve the individual
> pixels, the higher density improves the definition and may allow you
> to e. g. use a smaller font or smaller icons and be able to read them
> as easily.

A 10 point typeface on a 15" display panel at 1080p will be a given
size. The same 10 point typeface on a 15" display panel at UHD will be
1/4 the size, appearing as the equivalent of a 2.5 point typeface at
1080p. All the "improved definition" marketing hype in the world won't
make legible a 2.5 point-looking face at reasonable viewing distances.

--
Rich P.