[Discuss] Are passwords even long enough?

Rich Pieri richard.pieri at gmail.com
Sat Jul 2 21:13:16 EDT 2016

On 7/2/2016 6:13 PM, IngeGNUe wrote:
> How does that even happen though? Compromised SSL?

Nope.

I figure it happened in a way you completely didn't think of:

Wordpress

Any web site using third party services, be they authentication
services, advertising services, or whatever, is a potential platform for
MITM snooping. I pick on Wordpress because it is notorious for being
frequently and widely vulnerable to compromise. So I ask: have you used
your Google account to authenticate yourself with any services other
than Google? If so then that's probably how it happened.

--
Rich P.