[Discuss] Fwd: Looking for Speakers at a small conference at MIT October 8th and 9th, 2016

jc at trillian.mit.edu jc at trillian.mit.edu
Thu Jul 21 20:37:49 EDT 2016

Bill Ricker wrote:

| Don Davis, a friend of mine, is helping to put on a two-day event at MIT in
| Cambridge, Massachusetts (did I really have to tell you which MIT I was
| talking about?) on October 8th and 9th of 2016:

You can never be too careful; some readers just might think
it means any of:

Manukau Institute of Technology (Auckland, New Zealand)
Manipal Institute of Technology (Manipal, Karnataka, India)
Madras Institute of Technology (Chennai, India)
Maharashtra Institute of Technology (India)
Michigan Institute of Technology (Houghton)  [I've actually been there for a conference and a festival]
Myanmar Institute of Theology (Myanmar)
Meiho Institute of Technology (Taiwan)
Misamis Institute of Technology (Philippines)

Acronymfinder.com has a much longer list than  this;  those
are only the ones of the form /M\w+ Institute of Technology/
in English.

Of course, that arrogant gang in Cambridge (MA, not the UK)
like  to  think  of themselves as the only important one in
the list.  ;-)

   _'
 <:#/>  John Chambers
   +   <jc at trillian.mit.edu>