[Discuss] ssh keys question

Mike Small smallm at sdf.org
Sat Jun 18 11:36:09 EDT 2016

Kent Borg <kentborg at borg.org> writes:
>>      passwd_timeout    Number of minutes before the sudo password
>> prompt times out, or 0 for no timeout. The timeout may include a
>> fractional
>>                        component if minute granularity is
>> insufficient, for example 2.5.  The default is 0.
>
> I want 0 to mean timeout immediately, not timeout never! If people want
> never let them put 999999 in there and let their heirs deal with the
> eventual timeout.
>
> Guess I could try 0.0000001

If the password prompt timed out immediately how would you type in your
password? I think you mean to be discussing the other timeout option,
timestamp_timeout. Zero there gives you always ask for a password
behaviour.

I like very much having 0 to never timeout the password prompt. It's
annoying to come back to a build and find that make worked but make
install quietly failed after sudo timed out waiting for a response.
Especially bad in things like CPAN where it might fly by and move on to
something else without you seeing it.

--
Mike Small
smallm at sdf.org