[Discuss] ***SPAM*** Re: Does sendxmpp actually work?

Daniel Barrett dbarrett at blazemonger.com
Fri Mar 4 15:02:09 EST 2016

On March 4, 2016, Dan Ritter wrote:
>I just got [sendxmpp] working with -e and -n options to connect to a
>test ejabberd.
>
>Try -e or -t ?

Thanks Dan! With your tips, I got it working. I used the -t option,
and also switched to a server that runs ejabberd (im.koderoot.net)
instead of rows.io. Now I can send messages, albeit with (harmless?)
Perl warnings:

$ echo foo | sendxmpp -t me at someplace
Odd number of elements in anonymous hash at /usr/share/perl5/IO/Socket/SSL.pm line 1374.
Use of uninitialized value within @_ in anonymous hash ({}) at /usr/share/perl5/IO/Socket/SSL.pm line 1374.

Thanks again for your quick & informative reply.

--
Dan Barrett
dbarrett at blazemonger.com