[Discuss] free email less intrusive than google

Rich Pieri richard.pieri at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 14:48:45 EDT 2016

On 3/15/2016 12:39 PM, Gordon Marx wrote:
> That's not what suppression means, Rich, and if you don't know it,
> you're doing a pretty good job of insulating yourself from the outside
> world.

Please enlighten me because I thought suppress meant to curtail, to stop
activities, to do away with, to subdue, to withhold from publication and
so forth.

On 3/15/2016 12:50 PM, Edward Ned Harvey (blu) wrote:
> then Person C says to Person A, "you're being oppressive," it doesn't
> then make Person C the oppressor.)

It makes C an oppressor, too. C is trying to apply social pressure to A
with the goal of curtailing A's speech. That's oppression. Whether or
not A is wrong for saying it is orthogonal to C being wrong for trying
to suppress it.

--
Rich P.