[Discuss] Notebook Recommendations?

Kent Borg kentborg at borg.org
Tue May 3 10:52:29 EDT 2016

Progress report:

Ignoring the fact that I have only 4GB of RAM in it (which the
consensus, minus me, thinks is a mistake), it looks like I will be
keeping my Dell XPS 13. I have the internal wireless working, the
trackpad knows all three mouse buttons now, etc.

The biggest drawbacks are things like:

  - no physical mouse buttons, which makes them hard to find by touch,
  - no dedicated page up and page down keys, even though there are
perfectly fine blank places to put them,
  - the SD slot is shallow, put a card in and it sticks out a good amount.

I'll survive.

Next: get a big SSD and reinstall everything again.

Thanks for all the help,

-kb