[Discuss] My Bank's Web Site is Behaving Oddly

John Hall johnhall2.0 at gmail.com
Wed May 4 17:51:59 EDT 2016

Updates can take quite a long time to be disseminated, and also some DNS
servers are just flat out terrible.
Are you using your ISP's DNS ?  Is it comcast?
A few years ago I ditched comcast DNS for Google public DNS servers. I
configure this in the router. IP v4 addresses are 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4.
The IP v6 addresses are at
https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/docs/using#important_before_you_start
This made a very noticeable difference in latency

Also at that point comcast was doing wacky browser jacking that really
infuriated me. I believe this was on domains that were not found. I don't
imagine they are still doing the browser jacking ... at least I hope not!
If they are though it is a clear sign you are using their dns.
I believe I could not get a google search .. instead it would return a
comcast search if the domain was not found.