[Discuss] IoT and Security

Brian DeLacey bdelacey at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 16:22:29 EDT 2016

The most comprehensive coverage I've seen related to the the Mirai botnet
is here: https://krebsonsecurity.com/

With input from a handful of people, I recently put together a document
addressing some of the issues with IoT and Security:

*Principles, Practices and a Prescription for Responsible IoT and Embedded
Systems Development*

You can find it in draft form as html and pdf:

http://www.iapiot.com/principles.html
http://www.iapiot.com/principles.pdf

The document is intended to address IoT Security concerns in a practical
way for a varied audience. It is also intended to advocate for making
practical progress and improvements on the security challenges we face,
which are amplified by IoT. I'd welcome any comments / suggested edits (I
left out a  discussion of ports but probably should add that in.)

Also we just talked about planning for a meeting on this topic in April -
http://blu.org/cgi-bin/calendar/2017-apr - with hands-on, demos, and panel
discussion in case anyone is interested in attending / participating.