[Discuss] FreeNAS

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Fri Oct 7 10:27:11 EDT 2016

Hi,

I've got a FreeNAS box set up with ~16TB of zraid2 (6 4TB disks).  I use
it as a backup storage server (to backup my other systems), a
TimeMachine server for my wife's Mac, and as a distro mirror for my
local systems (so I can pull from local storage instead of upstream).

I overprovisioned this system; it's got 128GB RAM, but I've got room to
add 24 more HDDs when the 16TB gets to be tight.  Right now I'm usng
about 50-60% of my available space.

So far I like it.

-derek