[Discuss] GPG encryption and gmail

edwardp at linuxmail.org edwardp at linuxmail.org
Fri Sep 2 18:28:16 EDT 2016

> Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2016 18:36:16 -0400 From: David Rosenstrauch
> <darose at darose.net> To: discuss at blu.org Subject: Re: [Discuss] GPG
> encryption and gmail Message-ID:
> <ef8ff476-49d3-fb76-4342-ade5efbd33b8 at darose.net> Content-Type:
> text/plain; charset=utf-8; format=flowed On 09/01/2016 06:01 PM,
> edwardp at linuxmail.org wrote:
>> I would not recommend K-9. I found that it would repeatedly hang when
>> trying to connect to either the Comcast or Gmail servers, while using it
>> on multiple mobile networks. And once that occurs, a manual poll of any
>> other account with K-9, would not go through.
>>
>> The only way to fix (?) this, would be do a Force Stop of K-9 each time
>> it hung and relaunch the app.
> I've used k-9 with gmail for years - as well as with my work email (MS
> exchange server) and my home server email (exim/dovecot) - with no
> issues.  Not criticizing, just providing another data point.
>
> DR

K-9 worked perfectly a few years back, not known what had changed since
then. But it clearly shouldn't hang the way it does.

I've looked at other e-mail apps and really haven't found one yet that
suits my needs. The one I'm using currently (mail.com), by default,
sends e-mails as text/html, which I learned the BLU list server blocks,
if I understood Jerry correctly.