[Discuss] Hosting

Brendan Kidwell brendan at glump.net
Wed Sep 28 20:57:40 EDT 2016

I've been a happy prgmr.com customer for a few years. They offer fixed
monthly and yearly prices with -- it appears now -- unlimited but
throttled when necessary CPU and network usage.

https://billing.prgmr.com/index.php/order/main/packages/xen/?group_id=10
Example offering: $110 per year for 1.25GB of RAM, 30GB storage

They have a decent wiki, a good chat room for informal inquiries
(Freenode #prgmr), a system status blog, and usually less than 6 hours
response time for any non-emergency help emails. (I've never contacted
them about an emergency but when there's a global problem they're on it
within 15 minutes.)

Ready-to-unpack OS images include: Debian Jessie, CentOS 7, and Ubuntu
16.04.

Brendan Kidwell