[Discuss] Fwd: This is NAT OK : Sign the petition, damn you

Kurt L Keville kkeville at mit.edu
Thu Aug 3 12:03:47 EDT 2017

https://sipb.mit.edu/isnt/
this is the revolution du jour at SIPB. Their primary argument is that selling off IPv4 blocks will actually slow the broader adoption of IPv6. I suppose that won't matter to MIT if it is NATted but it does undermine the argument for transitioning. I, for one, applaud the local move to IPv6...  it will make life a lot easier for local sysadmins (and someone else's worse, assuming that someone is tasked with monitoring those new subnets).