[Discuss] CrashPlan Home is discontinued - what's next?

Kent Borg kentborg at borg.org
Mon Aug 28 17:09:16 EDT 2017

For my main backups of my daily computer I still do incremental backups
to a series of encrypted portable USB disks. One stays at at work, one
at home, etc.

But for various things I do backup to the "cloud" more frequently: I
commit to git and push, frequently, as soon as I feel like I have
accomplished some little something. For work work I push to work's git
server, and for personal work I push to one or another remote machine of
my own. And at least for my personal stuff, the push requires my typing
a manual password, so I think it is effectively off-line, at least from
the perspective of most malware.

-kb, the Kent who likes having his backups under his own control.