[Discuss] Crashplan is discontinued

Rich Braun richb at pioneer.ci.net
Thu Aug 31 14:10:57 EDT 2017

Dale Worley's approach:
> I have a cron job which commits my home directory into a Git repository

Sounds interesting; one of my use-cases is dealing with a couple hundred gigs of photos, with new ones arriving (via Nextcloud's sync capability, which I've set up recently as part of my Docker infra) at a rate of a thousand or so a month.

One of the issues with pics is deduplication, as they're renamed across folders. My current rsnapshot approach doesn't cope well with that. Could git do this automatically without complex scripting?

-rich