[Discuss] AD/LDAP authentication

Richard Pieri richard.pieri at gmail.com
Wed Dec 13 15:20:13 EST 2017

On a completely different topic from document conversion...

My employer has two Active Directory domains. I need to set up some
Linux servers (RHEL, SUSE and Ubuntu) to use both domains for user
authentication. Users get accounts on one or the other, never both. This
is a mandate from Legal so the easy answer is off the table.

SSSD and Winbind work for binding to one domain or the other but I can't
bind to both at the same time (Red Hat promised this in RHEL 7 but have
yet to deliver). So I figure I can use AD for one domain and LDAP bind
authentication for the other, or LDAP binds to each domain, but I can't
either working.

Yes, I'm doing something wrong. No, I don't know what. And, my Google-Fu
is only finding single AD or LDAP auth server configurations. Has anyone
here done anything like this before? Have any references you can point
me at?

Thanks.

--
Rich P.