[Discuss] Ubuntu 16.04 Wifi Connection Disappeared

Nancy Allison nancythewriter7 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 15:59:59 EST 2017

Preface:  I decided to use Ubuntu on my laptop as a way of thumbing my nose
at Microsoft and Apple. Most Linux people are pretty technically savvy. Me,
not so much.

Suddenly, my 16.04 installation doesn't connect to wifi. I am writing to
you on my Windows 7 machine, which does successfully connect to the
self-same wifi network.

In the Ubuntu interface, I tried  disabling my home wifi network, foolishly
thinking that Ubuntu 16.04 would successfully find it when I rebooted. No
dice.

I found a website with a long discussion of this Ubuntu 16.04 problem. I
would type all that stuff beginning with "sudo" if I knew where to type it,
and if I weren't afraid that I might misunderstand something, type
something wrong, and make the situation worse.

http://askubuntu.com/questions/762198/16-04-lts-wifi-connection-issues

I would be very grateful for suggestions about how to fix the problem.

--Nancy