[Discuss] deadmanish login?

Eric Chadbourne sillystring at protonmail.com
Mon Jan 30 20:20:39 EST 2017

Just had this crazy thought.

What if when I login to my server, if I don't issue a particular command within some time period, a certain action happens.

For example, say I SSH in, and within 5 minutes type foo. If "I" don't type foo, the server kicks me out, closes port 22, and sends an alert email to our team.

Does anything already do this type of stuff? I figure it shouldn't be hard to script up in a bored afternoon.

Reason is I sometimes work with vendors who I think suck and don't want them to be lazy and use my account. Use their own. Grrr.

Thanks,
Eric