[Discuss] Docker and Own^h^h^h Nextcloud

David Kramer david at thekramers.net
Mon Jun 19 16:19:05 EDT 2017

I have a family. But if I didn't, there's still the problem of multiple
computers and Android devices.  rsync is great for keeping two computers
up to date but what if you have a desktop and a laptop and a tablet and
a phone and there are some documents you want to read/write on all of
those devices?  At the very least I would use unison for bidirectional
syncing, not rsync.

Dropbox is a solution for the multi-platform multi-device file sharing
part (if you trust them), but Owncloud offers groupware too.  And a
CalDAV server and a CardDAV server.  My calendar and address book on all
of my devices sync with my personal Owncloud server, not Google. On
Linux, I use Thunderbird for this with the Lightning and CardDav
plugins.  It has other applications, but those are the ones that are the
most crucial and empowering to me.