[Discuss] AT&T eliminating copper phone lines

Daniel Barrett dbarrett at blazemonger.com
Tue Mar 28 15:58:09 EDT 2017

On March 28, 2017, Dan Ritter wrote:
>Why are they charging you $100/month for [fiber]? They should have
>an obligation to replace your copper with fiber at the same
>cost.

Sorry for not being clear -- that's the same cost as the copper. AT&T
is expensive for a landline. So my option #1 is to keep paying the
same cost as now. But the only reason I was willing to fork over
$100/month was because it was copper and stayed up in power outages.
Now that reason is gone, so it makes sense to switch to a lower-cost
provider.

--
Dan Barrett
dbarrett at blazemonger.com