[Discuss] IBM shuts down a big webcam network

Rich Braun richb at pioneer.ci.net
Fri Nov 17 13:25:29 EST 2017

I suggested:
> let's form a new LLC with a charter that explicitly says that, and
> take our data feeds there.

Coincidentally, just two weeks ago I posted this Docker image to make it
easier for new/existing users to reliably upload webcam still-shots to the
site:

  https://hub.docker.com/r/instantlinux/wxcam-upload/

What I did (starting 3 years ago) was set up a couple of those Dahua outdoor
surveillance-cameras to send snapshots every couple minutes to a local ftp
server, which then relays the images to the upstream's ftp server. With this
tool and a slightly different config in the camera settings, one could set up
any cheapo surveillance camera to do what the Nest Cam does.

-rich