[Discuss] Fedora 27 and dnfdragora

Will Rico willrico at gmail.com
Thu Nov 30 09:33:09 EST 2017

I just upgraded from Fedora 26 to 27, and now a dnfdragora panel indicator
appears on startup. Do I need this?  Previously, I had been relying on
Gnome Software to alert me to updates and install them.  Gnome Software is
still running in Fedora 27.

I think I figured out how to stop dnfdragora from starting on boot (remove
/etc/xdg/autostart/org.mageia.dnfdragora-updater.desktop), but not
understanding why this changed between Fedora 26 and 27, I'm not sure
whether I'm better off just letting it be.

Will