[Discuss] perl is dead

Jerry Feldman gaf.linux at gmail.com
Wed Oct 11 13:27:14 EDT 2017

Lets get off the religious wars. I used to believe that EMACS was God's on
editor. I more recently switched to Atom. Pearl has its purposes.  Several
years ago I wrote a rather complex bash script, but it became unweildly so
I ported it to tcl/tk. But I then ported it to Python for a number of
business and reasons. Python has a number of good graphics packages, and
moving from tcl to Python was pretty straight forward.  Both Python and
Pearl are excellent scripting languages for solving short term problems.

I think that Rich Braun provided a quick and dirty solution for Rob even
though Rob mentioned Pearl.

Sent from Galaxy S8 Android

Jerry Feldman <gaf.linux at gmail.com>
Boston Linux and Unix
http://www.blu.org
PGP key id: 6F6BB6E7
PGP Key fingerprint: 0EDC 2FF5 53A6 8EED 84D1  3050 5715 B88D 6F6B B6E7