[Discuss] [Boston.pm] perl and xml

Bill Ricker bill.n1vux at gmail.com
Mon Oct 16 14:01:59 EDT 2017

On BOSTON-PM-list,  Mon, Oct 16, 2017 at 10:54 AM, Morse, Richard
E.,MGH <REMORSE at mgh.harvard.edu>
(who was away last week) replied:

> Hi! I was just working with some XML, and I’d like to suggest also looking at XML::XPath,
> which does allow you to change the text content (and probably all the other attributes) of nodes.
> Also, since you can find nodes using XPath, it may be easier to select nodes, rather than walking
> through a tree of Perl structures…

Yes.
XML::XPath is basically what XML::Twig is a light-weight "do the easy
80% of"  version of.
(If one needs more than Twig, or if Twig docs don't make sense, XPath
is obvious next choice.)

--
Bill Ricker
bill.n1vux at gmail.com