[Discuss] Sharing gnupg keyring among computers

Richard Pieri richard.pieri at gmail.com
Wed Oct 18 14:50:10 EDT 2017

On 9/25/2017 3:57 PM, Chuck Anderson wrote:
> YubiKey isn't simply a writable USB mass storage device.  It is
> purpose-designed to store secrets securely.  They also make a NFC
> version.

I've been looking at YubiKey alternatives (for other reasons) and I
learned that the version 4 devices (current generation) are closed
source, proprietary. I'll be the first to assert that being open is no
assurance, that it isn't the number of eyes which see it but the quality
of those eyes which matters. At the same time, going all-proprietary
means that the "right eyes" have a much harder time of it.

--
Rich P.