[Discuss] Future-proofing a house for networking -- what to run?

Kent Borg kentborg at borg.org
Wed Sep 13 09:54:06 EDT 2017

On 09/13/2017 09:34 AM, Derek Atkins wrote:
> I'd like to do it myself again, but I now have 2 small kids, so I'm
> not sure how I'll be able to spend the 40-60 man-hours at the
> construction site.

That brings up another consideration: When asking someone else to build
it, the more standard your request, the easier it will be to find
someone who can do it, and the more likely it will be done correctly.

What are "conventional" approaches that are most "future-resilient", if
not "future-proof"?

-kb