[Discuss] Future-proofing a house for networking -- what to run?

Richard Pieri richard.pieri at gmail.com
Wed Sep 13 21:47:19 EDT 2017

On 9/13/2017 3:49 PM, Shirley Márquez Dúlcey wrote:
> Something that hasn't been noted is that, even in a wireless future,
> you need to feed data to the wireless devices and wires are the best
> way to do it. I need a WiFi access point on each floor to get good

I kinda did but in two pieces and I didn't connect the two: run conduit
with pull strings to near-ceiling work boxes where you would mount
access points. Then just pull what you need as you need it.

Given the premise of ripping out drywall I would suggest two boxes, one
for the data conduit and the other for power (Romex).

--
Rich P.