[Discuss] AD/LDAP authentication

Richard Pieri richard.pieri at gmail.com
Sat Jan 20 20:42:22 EST 2018

On 12/21/2017 6:54 PM, James Cassell wrote:
> Looks like Red Hat has a workaround that consists of joining the
> first domain using the realmd tool, then joining the second domain
> using samba's 'net ads join' tool and copying the appropriate info
> into sssd.conf.

This worked, thank you, with some specific seasonings for how our
domains and network are configured (specifically, my DMZ can't see our
internal domain controllers in Europe or South America). It's not
perfect. realmd can't control access so I have to manage
/etc/security/access.conf by hand. This is better than managing many
logins any other way.

Now I need to duplicate this on SLES 12. :)

--
Rich P.