[Discuss] Supermicro

Dan Ritter dsr at randomstring.org
Tue Jan 23 14:42:09 EST 2018

On Tue, Jan 23, 2018 at 02:18:33PM -0500, Joseph Guarino wrote:
> Hello Everyone,
>
> I've got a new client that is enamored with Supermicro and wants to only
> buy their server hardware. I'm a fan (and partner with) of a few other
> vendors. Does anyone have any experience with the quality of their support?
> Any insight is appreciated.

Supermicro is very good, but they want to support a retailer
more than they want to support every individual customer.
(This would change if you're buying in quantity.)

Silicon Mechanics and PogoLinux are both retailers whom I have
worked with and been happy with; I'm sure there are many others.

-dsr-