[Discuss] Converting Windows to Linux

Greg Rundlett (freephile) greg at freephile.com
Thu Jan 25 12:43:29 EST 2018

On Thu, Jan 25, 2018 at 12:37 PM, Betsy Schwartz <betsys at gmail.com> wrote:

> Do you have known working Windows 10 installation media? That's
> usually the sticking point. You can test by seeing if you can install
> windows 10 into a VM before you blow yours away.

I downloaded Windows10 from the Microsoft website, and wrote down the
product key from the OEM install (right-click "this computer" ->
properties).  I'm pretty sure I'm going to need to call Microsoft to
re-activate it.  However, I did "sign in with your Windows Live Account" to
activate additional features "such as re-activating your license on this
device".