[Discuss] Converting Windows to Linux

Richard Pieri richard.pieri at gmail.com
Thu Jan 25 20:24:21 EST 2018

On 1/25/2018 4:59 PM, Greg Rundlett (freephile) wrote:
> It didn't actually overwrite the Windows EFI boot partition (FAT32) - I
> think because it's protected / smart enough not to let me shoot myself in
> the foot.

A nit-pick: there is no such thing as a "Windows EFI boot partition".
Windows uses NTFS for its boot manager partition. The EFI System
partition is part of the EFI or UEFI firmware, independent of any and
every OS on the system. It's usually FAT32 because FAT32 is a minimum
requirement of the UEFI specifications.

Anyway, don't touch the EFI System unless you know exactly what you are
doing. Bad things can happen if it isn't exactly to EFI specs.

--
Rich P.