[Discuss] Fedora and Recoll

Nancy Allison nancythewriter7 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 22 16:08:02 EDT 2018

I'm continuing my question about installing (or finding) Recoll on my
Fedora installation. I mistakenly responded individually to Jim. He asked
me what version of Fedora I'm using. Does this indicate that I am using
version 28:

uname -or

4.16.6-200.fc28.x86 64 GNU/Linux

Then, Jim suggested that I could use sudo with the line that he suggested:

sudo #dnf install recoll-1.23.7

I entered that and got this:

[theauthor at new-host ~]$ sudo #dnf install recoll-1.23.7
usage: sudo -h | -K | -k | -V
usage: sudo -v [-AknS] [-g group] [-h host] [-p prompt] [-u user]
usage: sudo -l [-AknS] [-g group] [-h host] [-p prompt] [-U user] [-u user]
            [command]
usage: sudo [-AbEHknPS] [-r role] [-t type] [-C num] [-g group] [-h host]
[-p
            prompt] [-T timeout] [-u user] [VAR=value] [-i|-s] [<command>]
usage: sudo -e [-AknS] [-r role] [-t type] [-C num] [-g group] [-h host] [-p
            prompt] [-T timeout] [-u user] file ...
[theauthor at new-host ~]$

When I then searched for Recoll, nothing showed up.

All suggestions gratefully received.