[Discuss] Need help configuring OpenVPN on OpenWRT/Windows 10

Richard Pieri richard.pieri at gmail.com
Sat Jun 9 10:17:56 EDT 2018

I have a snazzy new Linksys WRT3200ACM. I installed davidc502's June 2
OpenWRT firmware build. And I followed these instructions for setting up
the VPN server:

https://openwrt.org/docs/guide-user/services/vpn/openvpn/server.setup

Copied the configuration and cert/key files to the Windows 10 notebook,
installed the Windows OpenVPN GUI client. Tried version 2.4.6 but it
errored a lot and wouldn't connect (I had similar problems with the old
Netgear router with OEM firmware). Tried version 2.3.18 which connects
but does not route traffic through the tunnel.

Any suggestions as to what I'm missing?

--
Rich Pieri