[Discuss] Discuss Digest, Vol 85, Issue 20

Rich Braun richb at pioneer.ci.net
Wed Jun 27 16:38:21 EDT 2018

Rich Pieri still pointed out that I had a "not guarantee" clause:
> But if you send directly from your email to mine, your system will connect to easydns (in Canada), which will attempt STARTTLS but not guarantee it...

So? In order for anyone to mount a successful attack on my email stream, they'd have to first find out that you're one of my correspondents and then (somehow) correlate the 1-in-10,000 chance that your properly-configured email server fails STARTTLS on a stream between your server and one in Toronto somewhere--with my identity. I'm totally cool with that.

There are lots of other first-world problems that keep me up at night but prying eyes no longer are, since that 2002 federal-case.

-rich