[Discuss] Phone maker settles charges it let partner collect customers' text messages

Greg Rundlett (freephile) greg at freephile.com
Wed May 2 14:05:01 EDT 2018

[snip]

> What alternatives do you like best or find most promising for phones?

I haven't really followed all the developments in the phone world (Where's
the Ubuntu phone now? Answ. It's a community project.)

But I did recently hear about the librem5 phone that can run PureOS (Debian
based) and any Linux distro. https://puri.sm/shop/librem-5/

Of course that violates your 'buy new stuff' requirement, but maybe I'll
get one after my Google Pixel phone dies.