[Discuss] I Hate Ubuntu

Dan Ritter dsr at randomstring.org
Tue May 8 16:05:20 EDT 2018

On Tue, May 08, 2018 at 02:39:37PM -0400, Richard Pieri wrote:
> Specifically, I hate Ubuntu 17 and 18.
>
> Specifically, I hate Netplan which is a requirement in Ubuntu 17 and 18.

required? it's not automatically overruled by the presence of
interfaces in /etc/network/interfaces?

sheesh. Change to Debian. It may be full of systemdistas, but
/etc/network/interfaces is still authoritative.

(Also: `apt install sysv-rc sysvinit-core sysvinit-utils` will
restore sysvinit as your init system, while allowing most
systemd-infected things to work. Or you could look at nosh,
https://jdebp.eu/Softwares/nosh/ which is a pretty plausible
attempt at getting a daemontools-style init system going.)

-dsr-