[Discuss] How Daylight Saving Time Messes With Hospitals

Daniel Barrett dbarrett at blazemonger.com
Wed Nov 7 20:52:41 EST 2018

On November 6, 2018, Rich Pieri wrote:
>Multiply that by many hundreds of millions of patient records across
>many years of patients' lives, many locales and time zones and
>timekeeping changes, and inconsistencies across different
>record-keeping procedures, and you have a bonafide nightmare.

I'm all for precision in hospital record keeping in general, but in
this specific example (birth time off by 1 hour), is there any
compelling need to know the precise time of someone's birth? I can't
think of a single time in five decades that I've been asked for it,
except maybe by a particularly anal astrologer.

--
Dan Barrett
dbarrett at blazemonger.com