[Discuss] Please help with a BASH puzzle

Bill Horne bill at horne.net
Fri Aug 23 18:32:59 EDT 2019

Thanks for reading this: I appreciate your time.

I'm trying to do something that should be very easy to do, and yet I
can't remember how to do it, and I'm asking for help.

I have an alpha-numeric, sorted file, that looks like this:

01AA

01AB

01AC

01AE

01AF

.. etc.

I'm trying to remember what BASH utility, script, or  command would flag
the missing value (in this case, "01AD"). There are, of course, any
number of ways to program a solution, but I can't remember which of the
BASH utilities will do it. All suggestion welcome, and thanks in advance.

Bill Horne