[Discuss] Not Able to Access Fedoraforum Within Home Comcast Network

jbk jbk at kjkelra.com
Thu Dec 5 13:50:40 EST 2019

On 12/5/19 12:31 PM, jbk wrote:
> On 12/5/19 8:00 AM, jbk wrote:

>>> That ip agrees with what I found. The thing is I can
>>> access Fedoraforum at work through a comcast modem with
>>> no trouble. I've tried the google dns and opendns
>>> without success so far.
>>>
>>> Is there any possibility that my dd-wrt router could be
>>> blocking a single address w/o me actively blocking a
>>> particular site? Since I'm bridged that is the direction
>>> the finger is going to point when comcasts tech comes so
>>> I'd really like to nip that in the bud.

Backing up I should note that I do run dnsmasq on my router,
but as I understand it only caches local addresses. It can
be set to block content but other than the standard options
I have never set specifics. I have been running it with no
problems with the current setting for over a year.

Til now

--
Jim Kelly-Rand
jbk at kjkelra.com