[Discuss] Free SoftMaker office suite, benefits a cause too

David Kramer david at thekramers.net
Mon Dec 16 11:19:28 EST 2019

https://www.loadandhelp.com/en/

"We want to do good with our charity campaign "Load and Help 2019", and
we need *your support* to make it a success!

*Here's how it works:* We give you great office productivity software
for free. For every download through Load and Help, SoftMaker donates €
0.10 to carefully selected charity projects around the world.

This year, the main project we will support is *OneDollarGlasses
<https://www.onedollarglasses.org/>*, a non-profit organization that
brings glasses to the masses. Good, inexpensive, locally-built
eyeglasses advance people's lives, be it in school, at home or at work.
SoftMaker applauds the effort the OneDollarGlasses team has put into
this worldwide project and wants to support it with this year's donations.

*Until December 24, 2019, we offer these packages for free:*

 1. PDF editor: *FreePDF for Windows*
 2. Office suite: *FreeOffice for Windows, Mac and Linux*

You may use these applications *permanently free of charge*, and at the
same time you do good because SoftMaker donates for every download.

The more downloads, the more money SoftMaker donates, and the more
charity projects can be supported. We keep a public tally of all
donations, and we report about every project that we support. You can
find out exactly where the donation went that we made because of your
download."

I checked out the word processor and already like it better than
LibreOffice. Looking forward to testing the other tools.  They even have
a PDF editor and viewer.