[Discuss] Need help with undelivered mail.

David Kramer david at thekramers.net
Wed Jun 12 15:58:27 EDT 2019

Dan, as always, that was massively helpful.  Thank you.

I have added AAAA records for my domain and mail server (which I'm
standardizing the name on right now so I have both) and added a TXT SPF
record.  I found it pretty hard to get DETAILED explanations of the
modifiers in SPF records but finally found some at
https://postmarkapp.com/blog/explaining-spf  No other page I found even
explained what the a and mx options meant.

My current SPF record has some duplication in it now (since some of the
explicit ones are covered by a and mx) but I will experiment with
cutting it down once things work: "v=spf1 mx a a:thekramers.net
a:mail.thekramers.net a:bantha.org a:zenyatta.thekramers.net ~all"

NOTE I have not tested it yet; I want to give the records a chance to
propagate out before I do but I have high hopes you were right. And if
this doesn't fix my problem, it's something I should have done anyway.