[Discuss] Trying to install Tor on Fedora

Nancy Allison nancythewriter7 at gmail.com
Wed May 8 07:40:41 EDT 2019

Hi, all. I sent this reply to Rich but forgot to include the list.

I am your Test Case par excellence: someone trying to use Fedora who is not
terribly technical. Can Linux be used by people for whom it is really a
challenge, even things that to technical people are obvious? Here is a
distillation of the later discussion with Rich.

I downloaded the Linux file from the Tor site and it opened automatically.
The next step I need to take is

> > 4. Run the start-tor-browser script.

But I don't know how to do that. What is the file name of the script? There
is no file called "script." Once I know what file it is, do I need to do
something in the command window, like

> sudo run <script file name>
>
> Is that it?

Thanks.