[Discuss] RMS in the news

Rich Pieri richard.pieri at gmail.com
Wed Sep 18 14:03:01 EDT 2019

On Wed, 18 Sep 2019 11:34:44 -0400
Dan Ritter <dsr at randomstring.org> wrote:

> And then we do.
>
> RMS hasn't stopped in at least 30 years.
>
> Don't use Asperger's as an excuse for RMS acting like an asshole.
> It's rude to all of the rest of us.

This.

I would like to add that I'm sick and tired of RMS' friends telling me
I need to be tolerant of whatever his damage might be. I'm a difficult
person to deal with. I know it. I'm not always good at handling it but
I try and when someone tells me to knock it off I knock it off.

RMS has somehow leveraged *not* knocking it off into a career.
Now it's over.

Instead of telling us that we should be tolerant of RMS who "thinks
differently" from most of us, maybe those of you who call him friend
should have been telling him to knock it off. If you had done this 30
years ago instead of making excuses for him and encouraging his
assholery then maybe this whole situation could have been avoided.

--
Rich Pieri