[Discuss] Favorite Editor (was RMS in the news)

Greg Rundlett (freephile) greg at freephile.com
Fri Sep 20 10:08:18 EDT 2019

I use vim, but have never really become accustomed to advanced usage (even
multiple buffers is awkward). After trying everything under the sun, (and
drinking the early cool-aid of eclipse and Netbeans) I've actually settled
on using Microsoft Visual Studio Code like Brendan. It runs fine on Linux
(Ubuntu 19.04) and most importantly for me, it works great over SSH to
remote servers (reading your .ssh/config). It even includes an instant
shell to the directory you're working on. It browses both local and remote
file systems. It integrates with git; etc. I had stability issues with Atom
and it's less polished than VS Code.

Greg Rundlett
https://eQuality-Tech.com
https://freephile.org