[Discuss] RMS

Rich Pieri richard.pieri at gmail.com
Fri Sep 20 23:02:56 EDT 2019

On Fri, 20 Sep 2019 19:03:04 -0500
Derek Martin <invalid at pizzashack.org> wrote:

> I read the thread (or as much of it as was readily available on the
> web), and, much as I hate to defend rms, I think this is a gross
> mischaracterization of what he said.  But it's one tons of media
> outlets have also made, so at least you're in good company.

Six thousand-odd subscribers on csail-related. Six thousand-odd
students and alums, faculty and staff, and others with various
connections to CSAIL like technical committes and standards
organizations. Six thousand-odd of the brightest, best-educated people
in the world. No consensus. Some say RMS dug his own grave. Some say it
was a gross mischaracterization. Good company, indeed, I think,
regardless of which side you find yourself on.

--
Rich Pieri