[Discuss] RMS

Rich Braun richb at pioneer.ci.net
Tue Sep 24 12:20:05 EDT 2019

Seth Gordon wrote:That's what we have when we define everything from taking a leak in a
woods where, unknown to you, a child was watching, to jumping out from
behind bushes and raping an 80 year old woman, are defined as sex
crimes, and the sheep like public is inclined to having a zero
tolerance policy on sex crimes.
I didn't think I had anything else to add to this discussion but this post reminded me of an incident I hadn't thought of in years: my ex's next boyfriend after me was a 20-something guy from Colombia. He was taking a piss at a Friendly's restaurant in Medford when some 12-year-old kid said hi to him. He wasn't cautious (came from a country where nudity is, I guess, no big deal) and the kid saw his privates. The father asked what took so long when the kid came out of the bathroom (this was long enough ago that parents weren't yet helicoptering over every bathroom visit). To make a long story short, police came on scene, this gentle guy who wouldn't hurt a fly let alone molest a kid wound up in jail, and was deported to his homeland immediately upon release from jail months later.

-rich